Video Collaboration at Cal Poly
- Highest quality and reliability. Standards-based commercial level two-way or multiple site conferencing supporting high quality video, audio and computer based content sharing. Equipment, facilities and technical support provide quality conference environments and performance.
- Moderate quality and reliability. Consumer grade two-way video and audio conferencing. Equipment, facilities, environment and performance is variable. Computer based content sharing is not supported.
- Please contact Classroom Technology support technicians for more information regarding which service is the best solution for your needs.
- Please contact:
- Eric Boege - By phone (805)756-6429 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pete Woodworth - By phone (805)756-7197 or email: email@example.com
- Reservations must be made 5 working days in advance to confirm suite availability and allow time for connection testing.
- Room schedule is viewable via Zimbra calendar, 02-25B. For reservations submit reservation form.
Building 2 Room 25B, Capacity ~14 attendees
Monday - Friday, 8:00am to 5pm
(Other weekday or holiday time may be available pending support staff availability at both Cal Poly and off-campus site.)
- Early morning and evening sessions are subject to availability, and will generate additional charges.
- Conferences are not recorded unless previously requested and confirmed, in writing.
- Classroom Technology is not able to perform searches for public video conference rooms. If you need to locate a public room, please contact a few of the many video conference room brokers which are available. A list of brokers certified with our sites are provided.
- Room 02-25B is an ITS-specific Video Conference facility reserved for video conferences only.
- Any other conference uses are subject to room availability ONLY if other campus conference rooms are already booked, and may be 'bumped' or interrupted at any time and without previous notice due to unscheduled video conference testing or events.
- There is NO FOOD ALLOWED. Abusers may lose the use of the conference room.
- Under NO circumstances should existing room equipment be disturbed or disconnected. Abusers will lose the use of the conference room.
- The room 02-25B schedule may be viewed in Zimbra Calendar.
- To schedule a video conference, fill out the reservation form.
- Contact Pete Woodworth @ 6-7197 or Eric Boege @ 6-6429 for more information.
NOTE: This room is available for video conference use only.
- There is no charge for facility usage for instructionally-related activities. Our facilities are not available for use by the general public or other non-State groups.
Skype is intended for use in non-commercial applications for one-to-one video chats. Skype is not appropriate for group conferences due to significant camera, audio, and network limitations, but will work reasonably well for most one-to-one sessions.
CT staff can make recommendations for computer peripherals which can enhance your experience with Skype for one-to-one communications including web cams and wireless or echo-canceling microphones. Please contact us for additional information or to answer your questions about use of Skype.
If you choose to use Skype for business purposes such as meetings or job interviews, it is strongly recommended that you review these tips provided by Skype with meeting participants and candidates: